Tuesday, October 11, 2011


So my teacher told us to make a post about questions we had about college. Thus, my question being: What is the difference between a College and a University? And so I looked it up on the Internet (such a terrible place) and after much frustration and off topic search results I found out that it is very difficult to distinguish the difference between colleges and universities. The reason why its so hard to contrast (that was for you English Answer Man) universities and colleges is because both are considered educational institutions. People, like you parents' friends, will sometimes ask you "Are going to college" you almost NEVER hear them say "Are you going to university". Yeah well that's because there is no official difference between colleges and universities, they are basically the same place. As you can see our country is undecided right now and if you wanted to know the official difference then you might have to wait a while for them to think of one.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for those personal touches, but you have to stop dropping my name for the whole world wide web! I am the English Answer Man.

    Secondly, very good question. I thought there was a technical difference between the two, though. For example, I know Cal Baptist University underwent a change about 10 years ago. It changed from CBC (Cal Baptist College) to CBU. Did you find any other details?

    ReplyDelete