Thursday, March 29, 2012

The Perfect Comforter


Some people eat, go to the gym, or just fill their pillow with tears when they feel pain. Everyone needs a shoulder to cry on every once in a while, even if they don't want to admit it. If you think about it no one always has that, so they replace it with food, physical contact, or a teddy bear. My perfect comforting object is music.

Music is always there for me, and never hurts me. I'm not much of a crier, or person who talks out all my feelings, so what do I have? Music. Most the time I sit in my room and blast my radio, iPod, phone, laptop, etc when I'm sad, mad, irritated, whatever. Its never made me feel or look worse, its like a best friend. I have serious trust issues so I can just think about it while I listen to my favorite songs, obviously I'm not crazy enough to tell my iPod my problem.

When you try to get your mind off something just blast your earphones and start dancing! This is the perfect way to how I forget most of the bad stuff in life. I mean no one wants to be sad ALL the time, its just not worth it. By the time your done with your "dance session" you'll probably forget why you were sad in the first place, or better learn that it really wasn't worth the time to mope over.

There's a song for EVERY mood. Listen to something that matches your mood or the opposite of your mood, a song will be there to relate to what your feeling like or what you want to feel like. Seriously, there is one for you just look for it, if you cant find one look harder. If there is songs about gummy-bears I'm pretty sure there is one for emotions.

If you dont feel like crying to your friends, family members, or in some cases psychiatrist, musci will comfort you. "For the music is your special friend...music is your only friend until the end"(The Doors, When The Music's Over)

Photo by: ~m0ut0n-addict

2 comments:

  1. I feel you girl! Lovin the old school rock!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There really is a music for every mood. When I was a senior in high school, I'd shut all the doors in my room, turn out all the lights, throw on a CD and blast the stereo for half an hour. Sometimes I wasn't even in a bad mood. It just made me feel good to hear the music. Whenever I hear some of those songs, it takes me back to that year. Reminds me of a Kenny Chesney song.

    ReplyDelete