Wednesday, March 7, 2012

You Were Born An Original, Don't Die A Copy

This gets me so frustrated. I don't see why this world has to always be somebody who they are not JUST so they won't be picked on or feel weird. Everybody has their own unique ways of doing things , and if others don't except us for who we are then how are we supposed to CREATE OURSELVES?

For example , my Aunt had bright hot pink hair, baggy clothes, and a different taste of music than anyone else from the rest of the family. Everywhere she went with my grandmother people would ask my grandmother "Why do you let her do that?". My grandmother simply responded, "She's being herself and I can't change who she is". I'm just like my Aunt, I like to be different. I want to be known as that girl who wasn't afraid to try any fashion statement, and so far I've tried MANY looks.

Even "friends" find it hard to except it when someone changes. So what you go from a "country queen" to a "rocker chick" or if you go from blonde to pink. Does it matter? Your being YOU, nobody else. If we were all the same this world would be boring.

Dont sit around all day looking at fashion magazines, reading on whats "in". Who cares what the new trend is? Who cares what music tops the charts? Obviously people who are afraid to come out the closet and be free, to be and do whatever they want. Why cant we all except people, change is GOOD, it helps you think outside of the box instead of your everyday mind.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, you couldn't have said it any better. I get frustrated about that too! I,for one, LOVE your hair. Honestly I think your the only person who could pull that off...Probably because of the way you see the world. Keep up the positive attitude girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girl, you know you are one of my besties! And I'm right there with you, I don't give a freak about what people think. But, I will admit, I have changed a lot over the two years, but I will always be myself, never fake, never an "in" person. In my own opinion, people that do everything and anything to be "in" are just fake, because when you try hard enough for something like that, you lose who you really are!

    ReplyDelete