Friday, May 11, 2012


SO YOU THINK GROUP WORK IS GOOD FOR STUDENTS?!?!?
I'm sorry but whoever told you that lied. Group work has to be the most sure-fire way to cause stress in kids and teenagers. As if it wasn't bad enough that we have to take all those tests and put our free time into making worthless projects! Now you guys want us to work with some random kids who we probably don't even like. If you really think about it teachers HARDLY EVER let kids pick their group! Usually when this happens there are only 3 types of people involved.
1. The Slacker: Usually pulls out their phone and ignores everything anyone says. Most likely to get you an "F".
2. The Excuse Machine:" Yea Jenny I'll bring everything on Saturday," and shows up at your house with a pencil and a mouth full of excuses!
3. The Forget you guys I'll do it myself then: This person usually becomes very controlling and never gets married(ha!).
There was this one time, recently, where I had a bad experience with group work.(Excuse the code names) Our history teacher,the Tapatio Man, let us pick 3 people to be in our group. I picked Crack Baby Jenkins(CBJ) and Big Head(BH) . I picked CBJ because she can draw and BH because she writes pretty! So it was really hard to meet up for the project but we ended up doing it 2 or 3 days before it was due. CBJ and I were working on the pictures when my mom made us realize that BH was probably at home sippin on some applesauce..... We weren't about to have that!!! When we went to school the next day we gave her some pictures and she said she would color them and then we would glue them on the poster board. Sounds good right? Nothing could have possibly gone wrong. Unless someone forgets to bring the pictures and who better then BH to be the one to do it. Look OK I didn't just get mad and have an attitude because she forgot the pictures. I got mad because she didn't say sorry, she said her phone was off so she couldn't call her mom for them, AND SHE DOESN'T KNOW HER MOTHER'S NUMBER BY HEART!!!! I don't even have to say it cause you guys know that there's something wrong with that!! The worst part about it was the fact that she texted me...ON HER PHONE THAT WAS SUPPOSEDLY OFF! On top of that she said she was sorry......for getting mad at me. The rest of it is just girl drama, but do you see why group projects are B.A.D? My goodness people whatever you DO NOT PULL A BIG HEAD and tick off people like me!
Now its time for my inside joke: With something to think about,
this is Mr.Adams. Make it a Great day or not; The choice is yours.
Photo By: Rutty

1 comment: